Wednesday, July 26, 2006

west end girls

so, as the hunt for a new home begins, rudy and i have been seriously considering becoming westenders... there are a ton of really interesting looking (brownstone-esque) buildings that we are going to check out on monday. if all goes well, we'll put our names down on the waiting list, and let the apartment god's do the rest. i'm extremely excited at the prospect of living downtown! Its been far too long since i've been a city girl, and these burbs are killing me! thats what blows me away about vancouver... i've lived in the south granville area for about 2 years and i feel like i live in a suburb! is that an indication of how hip and happening the downtown core is? or, is it an indication of how small vancouver actually is, that 5 minutes over a bridge puts you in no girl's land??

who knows, in 6 months you might catch me strolling down robson in hot shorts, a van dutch hat, stilletto's, and mini-pom in hand! oh oh! and i can't forget my $1800 chloe clutch! jebus...

4 Comments:

At 3:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't forget that you'll have some kind of fancy twelve dollar starbucks coffee in your hand as well.


Of course, 12 bucks is a small price to pay when you're hurtin' for your next java fix.

Hmmmm......gotta run!

 
At 3:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm. We live a block off of Starbucks, but I don't own or wear any of that stuff. ;)

Then again, I still consider myself to be the epitome of an urban chick, and that's all that matters!

I hope you guys become our neighbours! That would be too cool! ...I'm here to borrow a beer!

 
At 3:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops, I meant (silly slip) of Robson, not Starbucks! Ha!

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger Iris said...

lol

in vancouver EVERYONE lives a block off starbucks! we're a block away from two, in either direction.

and for the record, i drink a double short half sweet soy peppermint mocha - no whip, and i think thats about 4 bucks!

not bad i suppose, but then 4 x 7 x 4 x 12 = ... $336 thats a new pair of victoria beckham jeans!!! good god, i could have a new life if i just cut down on my coffee ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home